PORTRAITS is a series of testimonials featuring four people who have experienced post-traumatic stress. Pierre, Edith and her children, Brigitte and Louis opened up to our filmmaker Geneviève Dulude-De Celles who was able to capture with humanism the beauty and strength of each person.
Special thanks to all of those who made this project possible:
- Edith and her children, Pierre, Louis and Brigitte, all of which were involved on a voluntary basis
- Geneviève Dulude-De Celles, videographer (video capsules)
- Emmanuelle Lane, videographer (trailer)
- Communications Department of the Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Montréal
- Audiovisual Department of the Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Montréal
- Research Centre of the Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Montréal
All persons appearing in the video clips consented to be filmed.
A word from the director and the filmmaker
The PORTRAITS series presents four testimonials illustrating how post-traumatic stress has been experienced by people who have been victims of it and their families. In this video, Stéphane Guay, the director of the Trauma Studies Center, and Geneviève Dulude-DeCelles, the filmmaker, discuss the reasons that motivated them to create these video clips and the process through which they were produced.